Thursday, June 9, 2011

why you should marry a man who treats you like a princess

This is my hardworking husband. He loves me like Christ and I think he is as close to being married to Jesus as I could possibly get. He cares for me in so many ways. He treats me gently and speaks to me lovingly. I never feel like I am a disappointment to him or not meeting his expectations. He is constantly encouraging and helps me to see things the way Christ sees them. When I start to panic because the house is beyond messy and I go on crazy-cleaning-lady-mode I am met with kind words...he tells me the house looks fine and he would rather me rest. He knows me. He knows I push myself way too hard and so he sacrifices of himself and makes so many opportunities for me to rest. He knows that God made me weaker. Men are physically stronger, need less sleep, are less emotional. He knows that and picks up the slack around the house accordingly. He sacrifices his wants for me everyday of his life. He almost always puts me first. And the fruit of that service is a wife who loves and serves and cares and supports. I try to show him in anyway I can how much I appreciate him. So, this is one of the many ways I will show him today. :) Honey, I love you and thank God for you. I couldn't imagine a greater husband than you.

1 comment:

Derek said...

You are so sweet -- thank you for the encouraging words. I love you. -husband