Tuesday, August 24, 2010

God is here

I just heard Eleanor say to Annabelle in a very calm voice: "I think you broke-ded my leg bone. Let me check. If you did I am going to tell Mom." Today has been hard. One of those 1 step forward, 3 steps back kind of days, chaos every minute type of hard. Why is it so difficult to cling to the promises of Jesus in these moments? These moments when there is no time to catch your breath before the next yelling match, toy taking, juice spilling incident occurs. Moments when the responsibilities of motherhood and housewife and cook and maid all collide in a flurry of activity that leads to little accomplishment and lots of frustration. But I made it. I am here, I am breathing, and the kids are here, and breathing. And God is here, and God is breathing. Breathing new life into each one of us. Teaching us that He can still calm the storm. Even the storm of toddlers and preschoolers and a very overwhelmed Mommy.

1 comment:

Grandma and Papa said...

Hope everyone is refreshed after the little nap.