Thursday, February 17, 2011

Bonnie and Clyde

Watch out. He might hold you up for some money. He owes me $37 for popcorn. We were eating it one day for snack time and I heard him say "tuck mommeeee!!! TUCK" I knew immediately what that meant. Sure enough, waaaaay down in his little ear was a popcorn kernel. The doctor was gracious and only charged us for a normal appointment. Which was $37 on our high deductible plan. Out of pocket. That's an expensive snack! Along with the trials of having twins come immeasurable blessings. Like this picture above. They love each other so much and have such a neat relationship. They have to sleep this close every night. Most nights before they settle down to sleep they talk with one another quietly and then burst out with deep, bubbling belly laughs. I LOVE that sound! Sometimes I have to remind them to lay down and sleep, especially if we have something in the morning the next day and sleep is important to getting out the door! But most of the time Derek and I just enjoy the laughs rolling out of the room. It's a reward for the hard work of parenting! Eleanor is growing and maturing into a very sweet little girl. She constantly makes work for her siblings homeschool and teaches the babies things like their colors and ABC's. She has a good head on her too. She told her sister today that babies are stinky and marriage is gross. His cheesy smile is so sweet. His language skills are growing each day. When I get him up in the morning I hear, "Hi Mom. How wahr you?" If he tastes something and it's not satisfactory he says "I no yike it" He also says:
  • Top it ----- Stop it
  • Wet GO ----- Let go
  • Watch dis!
  • Yook! Yook what I did!
  • What happened?!?! (with arms stretched out palms out to the side)
  • Where'd it go? Dehr it izzz
  • Ya hoe peese ---- Will you hold this please?
Kate loves this dress her Aunt Natalie gave to her for Christmas. She wore it all day yesterday. At one point she only had this dress on and was running around the house with her little butt checks hanging out. It was so, very cute. I had to exhibit real self control to not take a picture. I don't think she would appreciate that later in life!! The twins are so good about playing on their little blankets with different toys. Until the other has the better toy. Their big sisters try to keep them in check. Notice Annabelle's hand on Kate's shoulder trying to keep her from taking Nate's toy. Not a big deal. He does that to her sometimes too. Here she is playing with her baby and stroller...and here is Nathan for the steal. Happy Thursday!

1 comment:

Sarah @ See Sarah Eat said...

Your children are so adorable! It has been a blessing to see the twins in nursery once a month. Yesterday we listened to a cd with animal noises on it and Kate got really excited, plus she could name them all! It was awesome :)