Saturday, May 21, 2011

Great Expectations

Some days I catch glimpses of amazing joy in our household. When the air of our home is rich with the breath of Christ and all is worship to Him. It's bliss. ~~ I often fall far short of the Mom I want to be and let myself get very down about it. I have very unrealistic expectations, the clinical term is perfectionism, but God is helping me to work through it. The other day my sister spent the entire day with me. She played with the kids and I cleaned and cleaned and cleaned some more. And it hit me that what we as a team almost got accomplished that day what I expect of myself everyday. Did you catch the key word, almost. I am leaning on Christ to change my expectations! My husband just got back in town from a conference. He was gone from Monday afternoon until late Tuesday(EDIT: my sister corrected me in the comments....it was late Thursday night. I am no thinking straight) For some people that isn't long at all but to me that is a really, really, reaaaallllllly long time to be away from my husband! I am so excited he is back. I squealed with delight when I saw the flight status change from "departed" to "arrived"on the airline website ..... I waited in great expectation for him. I wanted to kiss him and hug him and feel his presence again. I realized that I feel the same way about Jesus. I long for the day when I meet Him face to face and no longer have sin messing up my view of the Messiah. Oh how I love Him. I love Him more than my husband, more than my kids, more than my own life. In him I live and move and have my being. Somedays I feel like I am asleep to His presence. Forgetting that He is always there. Then I awake and think "surely God was in this place and I knew it not" (name that passage and I will give you $100...or a penny...or whatever I have in the bottom of my purse.) Happy Weekend!

2 comments:

Cool Aunt Natalie said...

Correction: your Hubby was gone Mon-Thurs. Which was a long time!

Sarah said...

I'm sorry you let yourself get down about things sometimes. I think you are an awesome mom and one that I really look up to for when that time comes for me :) Have a great weekend!