Can I just say that I love being a mom to a little boy? I feel the need to emphasize that because this little boy is about to undergo some minor surgery. Because he didn't learn the first time. Because he has an uncanny obsession with putting things in his ears. Really, Nathan?!?!?! Again, Son?!? I will not go into the whole story but we have been to the doctor three times trying to remove from his ears what we *think* are beads. No one is certain what they are but one thing is now certain, he is such a pistol that we are going to have to put him under general anesthesia to get them out. Ironically, my love for him has deepened through this ordeal. I have had to pin him down while he is screaming and wondering what on earth I am doing to him. I have had to do really hard things that to him seem extreme and mean. But I have seen God quickly reconcile us and how the bond of mother hood is so strong. I wonder if this is how God feels when we do silly things and have to deal with the consequences? Sometimes he has to hold us down with tremendous pressure while we kick and scream and wonder what on earth He is doing to us. Then we realize He is removing something that shouldn't be there and our relationship with Him deepens. What a mighty God we serve!
Happy Sunday!
Sunday, May 1, 2011
Boy Mom
Can I just say that I love being a mom to a little boy? I feel the need to emphasize that because this little boy is about to undergo some minor surgery. Because he didn't learn the first time. Because he has an uncanny obsession with putting things in his ears. Really, Nathan?!?!?! Again, Son?!? I will not go into the whole story but we have been to the doctor three times trying to remove from his ears what we *think* are beads. No one is certain what they are but one thing is now certain, he is such a pistol that we are going to have to put him under general anesthesia to get them out. Ironically, my love for him has deepened through this ordeal. I have had to pin him down while he is screaming and wondering what on earth I am doing to him. I have had to do really hard things that to him seem extreme and mean. But I have seen God quickly reconcile us and how the bond of mother hood is so strong. I wonder if this is how God feels when we do silly things and have to deal with the consequences? Sometimes he has to hold us down with tremendous pressure while we kick and scream and wonder what on earth He is doing to us. Then we realize He is removing something that shouldn't be there and our relationship with Him deepens. What a mighty God we serve!
Happy Sunday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love that you drew that parallel! It made me realize that while we as sinners continue to "stick things in our ears" God's love for us deepens even though we have a hard time learning from our past mistakes sometimes. What a great God we serve! Hope Nate's surgery goes well, praying for you all.
Post a Comment