Monday, February 8, 2010

Librarians Beware!

The girls decided they are bringing the card catalog back. We bought a used book over the weekend that had an old library card in the back and I had to explain that us old people used to check out books by signing our name on the card and leaving the card at the library. I bet you can guess what game they played next! Librarian...complete with the good ole' card catalog system. You had to sign the card to check out the book. I loved it that Eleanor even looked the part of librarian in that dress. Hubby and I had a fabulous date on Friday night. We had not been on a real date in a month. (I think) We had an awesome time. We went to the Cheesecake Factory and I ate my favorites, the Orange Chicken and we shared a piece of Godiva Chocolate Cheesecake. I knew both of those were potentials for disaster so over the weekend I was in some pain from a flare but oh well. Next time I will be sure to make better food choices so I don't pay for the fun time out for days after. We volunteered in the 3 and 4 year old room on Sunday. It was nice to get to meet some of the kids the girls hang out with during Sunday School and Extended Session. We had been volunteering in the nursery but someone needed a break from the 3's and 4's so we moved. I am not thrilled about it, but I will be fine. Honestly, the nursery is cake. The 3's and 4's are not. Nathan fell asleep on the way home and slept even through the commotion of carrying him from the van to the house. He's cute. We are still praying and trying to weigh out options on school for A4. We are keeping public school open as an option even though the possibility of that makes me want to hurl. I am all for (and very excited about) homeschooling, but we are really trying to be still and listen to what the Lord wants for Annabelle. I don't want this decision to be what we think is best for A4 but what He thinks is best. As I read God's word I really think I have an definite answer to the question but I need to meditate on it awhile and consult the hubby. ---- For Marriage Monday I am washing the bedsheets that hubby likes the best and putting them on the bed. He's had trouble sleeping so a little extra pampering should help. And I folded about 12 loads of laundry today...that's gotta count for something in the show him love department. A family of 6 sure does dirty up a lot of clothes. Happy Monday!

1 comment:

Sarah @ See Sarah Eat said...

I work at a library so I have to say the thought of bringing back the card catalog made me nervous, ha ha! I hope you are having a good week :)