Thursday, February 25, 2010

Redeemed

Today I was scrolling through pictures and stopped dead in my tracks at this one: This picture epitomizes why Jesus came. It is a perfect example of healing and redemption. When I see this picture it makes the stories of Jesus healing people come alive. We remember the physical healing He did in those stories but I think the deeper meaning is they were healed spiritually. Sometimes that is the only guarantee we have on earth. I think this life is just a dress rehearsal and True Life is coming. No one's life turns out the way they thought it would or wanted it too. Jesus told us that in this world we will have trouble but we should take heart because he has overcome the world. One day we will be free of sin and all the messiness it brings and finally we will be able to live as we were meant to...sinless and glorified, working along side God in His amazing creation. I am reading a book called Desire: I am blown away any time I read one of John Eldriges books. In it he explains that our lives never turn out the way we want them too, we always long for something more, we think this is all there is and we have blown our one shot at making something of ourselves...but this is not all there is! This life on this earth is not true life. True life comes when we get to heaven. And eventually, when Christ comes and reigns on the earth again, He will make all things new. We will get to live in the restored Eden here on Earth!! Imagine endless summers, the lion and the lamb lying down together in the field, being able to roam free and explore God's creation un-tainted by sin. We will also get to take part in God's glorious work! All those gifts and abilities we have that this world tries to snuff out through sin and toil will be used unhindered in heaven. We will be exactly what God created us to be. So even though this life might not turn out the way we think it should and it seems trouble is around every corner, it's only for a little while. The real fun begins when we get to be with Jesus. We will experience the deepest intimacy we have ever known and be more ourselves than we ever dreamed. Now that is something to be excited about!!!

1 comment:

Sarah @ See Sarah Eat said...

I really need to read that book! And what an awesome realization...I cannot wait for that day :)