Tuesday, April 20, 2010

The Poopie Zoo...I mean, Petting Zoo

I am a hormonal crazy mess right now but still thought it would be a great idea to load up all the kids and take them to a local petting zoo. I had trouble finding it but thankfully a friend was able to give me better directions over the phone than the google machine was able to give over the inner-net. Once we arrived there was a carrot crazed Emu who freaked out all the kids so we had 7 frightened children cowering over this huge Emu with rust colored eyes. As we walked up closer to the entrance there were Llamas and Eleanor had a carrot in her hand to feed them. Mr.Creepy Emu came up and snatched the carrot terrifying her and leaving a tiny pinch mark on her hand. Then I had the bright idea to throw handfuls of carrots away from us. That left enough time for us to escape Creepy Emu and he did not bother us again. The rest of the visit went smoothly. The kids were able to observe many, many animals. There were porcupines, zebras, camels, goats, sheep, roosters, turkeys, peacocks, ducks, reindeer, some kind of south Australian animal that I can't remember the name of, rabbits, hamsters, guinea pigs, ostriches, and others that I can't remember right now. Mr.Peacock kept shaking his tail feathers at Mrs.Peacock. The kids asked why but I said he was just saying happy spring to her. hmmm. Mr.Goat redeemed the visit when he gently took a carrot from Eleanor's hand. This is the porcupine Annabelle pelted in the back with a carrot. She threw it up in the air and it landed on his quills and made a loud, unsettling noise. Mr.Porcupine went back into his house shortly after that. I did not take a picture of this but the vision I can't get out of my head was that of two ducks walking along and stopping to eat freshly fallen poop from one of the animals walking along the path. It was quite possibly the most disgusting thing I have ever seen and makes me rethink wanting farm animals. They are kinda gross.

No comments: