It's my husbands birthday today. Thirty-three years ago he came into the world and God set him apart to wait for me to join him. With each passing year I become more and more certain that God made him with me in mind. There is no other explanation for how well we do this married thing. There is no one else on this earth who can come close to comparing to how great he is. Happy birthday honey. I didn't get you a gift, but the house is clean and so is the laundry. You're welcome!!!
Now, onto other blogging duties. (my husband just laughed I am certain...I'll let you guess why) This post is going to be a major catch up post because I never have time to write anymore. Our schedule has changed and my normal time to post is non-existent now. Not to mention we are still in the process of cleaning and de-cluttering our house.
Here are some pics of our last few weeks.
Last time I mentioned that we had a tea party with a special guest. The special guest was Grandma! The girls really enjoyed preparing the tea party and figuring out how many place settings we needed, what to serve, etc. Annabelle decided to wear her "Christmas Princess" dress and Eleanor decided to wear her yellow sleeper to show Grandma that it still fit. Everyone had fun at the tea party. Even the babies. We made mini piggies in a blanket, fresh fruit, and home made chocolate chip cookies that were amazingly good. Annabelle was delighted to fill our cups with chocolate milk.

Now for our new house guests. I say guests because they are definitely NOT permanent residents. I would actually like to kick them to the curb already but the girls really like watching them. The babies like it too. Especially Kate. She screams with excitement when I let her sit at the table and observe the crickets. Can you tell the difference between female and male crickets? We can. You should ask the girls about it the next time you see them. Unless it's a year from now in which case they would look at you like you had 4 eyes.

Annabelle's creativity excites me. She has really taken to creating art out of everyday materials - even her snack. Yesterday she told me she wanted to take some art classes. I try not to push it since I am so artsy but I think she is developing her own interest in art!! So exciting!!!!!!

Four little monkeys sitting on a bench. Look at Nathans little finger pointing up at the camera. Katie is cracking up because Eleanor is tickling her. These kids are such a blessing. They are busy and a ton of work but so much fun!

Her hair. It is my nemesis. Anytime I put it up, she pulls it down. Every.single.time. No matter what I use or what I do to try to trick her into not pulling her hair down. As a result it's usually covering her eyes and she looks like a shaggy dog. I keep debating on cutting bangs but then we would have to fight the battle down the road to let her bangs grow out. Maybe her hair will grow out of the "in my eyes" stage soon.

They are so close. There really is a special connection between twins. They love sitting beside each other and playing. They do not get along all the time, or even most of the time. But they still have an unfailing love that can only be a gift from God. I am so glad I have twins.

Thankfully we have a break from the oppressive heat today. We headed outside and painted the driveway and played in water. Fun was had by all. Nathan splashed me with water and painted my skirt. He knew it was a no-no but thought it was hilarious. Boys. humph.

We like to start them young on cleaning and gutting the chickens. It's what we are having for dinner.

I am kidding. We are not having chicken for dinner. And that is red paint on my sweet baby girls hands. Happy Tuesday.
1 comment:
Your children are absolutely precious. You are so right about the connection with twins. It is so special to watch them interact with one another. Mine are the same way. Now, I must say, as they are getting a bit older now, they can be cuddled up one second and bopping one over the head with a toy the next. It's CRAZY!!! My hubby is an identical twin and his mom has always said,"God only gives very special people the privilege of having twins." We are so blessed.
Post a Comment