When the effects of heat and activity set in and bottomless cups require constant replenishing, bottomless tummies need constant filling, beautiful curls need sud-sing and rinsing and my body is bone tired I think of this verse:
“Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’
“The King will reply, ‘I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.’ Matthew 25:37-40
All of life is holy ground. Each moment holds the opportunity to give Jesus a drink(or sippy cup!), or something to eat, or clothe Him. It is hard work to serve faithfully and consistently. But only on this side of heaven will we have the blessed opportunity to show God how much we love Him by giving to God when it costs us. I long to be like David, who upon instruction to build an altar to the LORD was presented with an offer from Araunah to take, for free, anything he wanted to sacrifice to God.
But the king replied to Araunah, "No, I insist on paying you for it. I will not sacrifice to the LORD my God burnt offerings that cost me nothing."2Sam 24:24
So when the day wears on and all I want to do is lay down and take a nap I pray that I am consistently steadfast and serve Christ, doing the tasks He set before me especially when it costs my sleep, time, energy, and so many other things that bring discomfort to my selfish nature. Loving Jesus is even more sweet when it costs something. I could write more but it's late and I have to get to bed. Happy Wednesday!
No comments:
Post a Comment