Monday, September 27, 2010

Autumnphobia

So, since I have a psych degree can I just make up a new phobia? I think I can so I am going to. I have Autumnphobia. It used to be that Autumn was my favorite time of year. The leaves were beautiful, I got to wear all my snuggly winter sweaters, and it was nice and crisp outside. Now, with kids, I dread Autumn. It means more time to get out the door, more layers to stay warm, more laundry, more illness, more doctors appointments, more staying at home because one or more of the kids are sick, more dreary days............ To try and fight Autumnphobia I just bought some Thieves essential oil from YoungLiving. It supposedly helps to fight germs. I know it sounds a little hocus pocus and what not but I am willing to try anything at this point. My kids have already been sick 3 times and Fall has just officially started. Today was also our second day to miss our co-op, which we all look forward to every week. I am really trying to see what God is trying to teach me through this though. Surely the seasons point to God and to Salvation through Him. We die (fall/winter) and are reborn (spring/summer) I am rambling so I will just upload a cute picture and leave it at that. Here is Kate watching tv, wearing sunglasses, and picking her nose. Harvard here we come.

No comments: