Sunday, September 5, 2010

Time flies

One year ago... My how they've grown. And they wear clothes now. The twins made time speed up. It was going fast before they came but now it seems like everything is on hyper-drive and I blinked and my kids are getting really big really fast. Isn't he a great Daddy to play Barbie house with his daughters!!!!! I love him. Here is a picture of our lapbook from our unit study a week or so ago. We are working on a new study in addition to math, phonics, letters and numbers for the babies. It is quite comical to teach them something right now. I show them the letter A and they say "ahhh" I show them the letter B and they say "ahhhh" I am convinced if I just stick with it they will get it. Eventually. At least they feel apart of our school time. I have really eased into school this year. We have been doing phonics since last year but added math at the beginning of this year, then unit studies and this week we are adding in writing and some phonics and math games. Little by little as I feel able I add something to make our school experience a little more fun, rich, dynamic. It helps that they get some different subjects at co-op like history and science and social studies. I may possibly include some of the memory work for Classical Conversations in our routine at home. We will see. The cd is quite annoying but the kids like it and it really does make the information stick in your head. I think it will be funny if the twins even pick up things like "The Anasazi of the southwestern United States built adobe villages on the sides of cliffs from 500 B.C. to 1200 A.D." It would be funny to hear a little almost two year old say something like that. Anyway...it's late. Well, actually it's not. It feels late. It's only 8:42 but when you have been up since 3am it is late. Happy Sunday!

1 comment:

sara said...

I love these photos...cute rainbow art too.