Thursday, December 10, 2009

Vacation Day for Mommy

One of the toughest things about Motherhood is the absence of vacation days. After two months of illness, hubby working on a huge project at work thus working more than normal, and a myriad of little things stealing time seemingly out of nowhere, I decided that I was in need of a vacation day and since I don't have those I had to figure out a way to make one. Monday I woke up to an 18 hour long migraine so getting some down time was not optional, it was a necessity. My body was overwhelmed and showing me in a not so pleasant way... so, today, I hooked the television up (we don't watch regular tv so this was a real treat for the kids) and played PBS for the whole morning. They got to watch Super Why, Sid the Science Kid, Word World, and a few other shows. And I just sat on the couch, knitted, played with the babies, baked some muffins (the girls took a break from tv to help) talked on the phone, and just relaxed. I feel so much better. I feel rested. Finally. I have been making myself stay on the go so much lately and finally I gave myself permission to stop. And it was nice. I think I may have to try to slow down and rest a little more often.

No comments: