Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Cuteness everywhere

How'd I manage to have such cute kids? They are so awesome. Today as I was sitting in our comfy rocker in the living room with the sun spilling in and each child fully engaged in an all out belly laugh I realized just how amazing this time in our life is. I don't think I have ever come closer to heaven than the sound of a room full of kids laughing a deep belly laugh. It is pure bliss and completely infectious. Each child took turns in my lap to get their nails trimmed which sounds like a daunting task but it was actually an amazing blessing. I got to talk one on one with each of my kids and learn a little something new about each of them. I sang songs to the babies and they tried to sing along. I asked Little K questions and realized she has now entered the stage of nodding yes to everything. Little N pointed his fingers up in the air and danced as we sang "Where is Thumbkin" Eleanor told me tall tales and stories from her childhood letting that deep set dimple on her right cheek shine the entire time. Annabelle grinned and told jokes and giggled each time I kissed her sweet little pudgy cheeks that are becoming less and less pudgy these days. I am truly blessed.

No comments: