Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Down on the Farm

After a few months of on and off illness we needed some good family fun. My wonderful, smart, loving, magnificent husband suggested going to a nearby farm. We loaded up our progeny in the van and we were off armed with pretzels and sippys and happy children. I always knew there existed in the world a great pyramid of hay and I made it my mission to climb it. Our whole family climbed it. It was lots of fun. We tried for a kid picture but they weren't having it so Daddy volunteered to hold a couple of the rascals down while Mommy shot at them. Shot the camera at them. Thought I needed to clarify. Not everyone is on the up and up with the photog lingo. We then went on a hayride to a pumpkin patch and picked out pumpkins. The only rule we had was they had to be able to pick up the pumpkin they picked out. Annabelle almost fell over when she picked hers up. Nathan and Katherine were not interested in the pumpkins as much as the dirt and vines covering the ground. Kate took a handful of dirt, looked at it, bowed her head, and poured it all over her hair. I wish I could say this was the first time but no...this is a typical Kate thing to do. She's goofy. And now she's dirty. After paying for our pumpkins, 4 miniature pumpkins, 6 candy sticks, and one soda our total cost for the trip way $14. A great price for a day of family fun!!! Thanks Honey!

1 comment:

sara said...

How fun! I love the pictures!