Thursday, January 7, 2010

An All Nighter

I thought I was too old to pull an all nighter but it turns out I've still got it. In college I did it quite frequently but I thought I had lost my gift. Both the girls started complaining of belly aches last night and by 7pm I knew we were in for an all night sick party. We camped out on the living room floor and just watched movies waiting for the stomach bug to pass. It really hit E3 hard. She got sick 14 times total. A4 didn't fair much better but both are doing pretty good today. Annabelle had to skip two doses of her antibiotic to give her belly a rest so her ears are hurting again and she has a fever. I think it will subside after a full nights rest though. The only person left unscathed is Little N. I hope he doesn't get it. Little K was sick in her bed but didn't even make a peep! I heard her cough and checked on her last night but she was fine. She has a cold and has been coughing through the night so I thought I would just wait until she coughed and then cried like something was wrong. That never happened so I thought she was fine. Poor little girl was sick in her bed a few times but just slept right through. Even still she woke up happy as a lark. A really stinky lark, but happy none-the-less. After a bath she was totally back to normal. I bleached her room. And doused her mattress in vinegar. There is still a faint odor in there. So, this is what our week has been. Thank God for His strength working through me because had I tried to shoulder this burden alone there is no way I could have. He is so good to us.

No comments: