Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Drama Drama Drama

I often wonder what God has planned for this little girl. She is very dramatic and very into acting. Several times a day she directs us in her little productions. We all have a part to play and she even gives us our lines that we are supposed to say. Sometimes if I don't say my lines with enough passion she will correct me and tell me I need to say it sadder, or angrier, or happier. Her sister plays a long quite happily. The twins enjoy the show and Little K often squeals in excitement. I think she is looking forward to the day when she can join in the fun. Little N just looks and sometimes laughs but for the most part just looks confused. I think he looks forward to the day when he can wrestle with Daddy or do woodworking or some other manly pastime. We ventured out to the Dollar Tree today for some candy, hair bands, and a pregnancy test. The lady at the check out lane asked how I survived with four kids. She said she was struggling with her two kids. I answered "a whole lot of prayer." But I really wish I had a better answer than that. When we go out we feel like a freak show because we attract so much attention. But when people see how well-behaved the kids are they often comment "how do you do it" or "Wow, your kids are really good" I need a better answer than just saying I pray a lot. There's so much more to our family and our God than that!!! So I am going to pray about what my answer should be and try to prepare myself to use that as an opportunity to share Christ with others. The test was negative by the way. Don't you love how I mentioned that nonchalantly and then just rambled on and on. I would not have been sad if we got a positive, but I am relieved it was negative. I think we are 100% sure the baby factory is closed. But we are about 80% sure that ( a little on down the road ) the adoption factory is open. I would love more kids - I just don't want to grow anymore. Growing two at once did this mama in! Happy Wednesday!

No comments: