Thursday, May 13, 2010

As I played with the kids in the twin play area my husband arrived home from a day of work. He grabbed the camera and caught the rarity of all four kids sitting in my lap at the same time. I love the picture! It's something I will treasure as the kids continue to get older and grow bigger. They will not all fit in my lap forever so I love having this moment frozen in time!!! ----- Homeschooling has been awesome this week. The workboxes have been a great thing for our family. The kids and I are happier and get more done during the day. It only takes about an hour for the girls to get through the workboxes. Since it's summer we are mostly doing educational games and some games that correlate with our unit study for the week. We have been studying Tanzania and still learning about money. The girls are slowly getting better about differentiating the silver coins. I vaguely remember having the same problem as a kid -- trying to remember what is a dime, nickel, quarter. And now we get to throw in the new dollar coins that the US ingeniously thought was a great idea. Can you tell I disagree????? ---- Derek took off today and we went the library. It is so nice to go as a family. When I go and it's just me it's a ton of work. I still enjoy it but it's a different kind of enjoyment. With Derek there to help me with the kids we each get some time to browse through books and just sit and watch the kids explore. Hope your weekend is fabulous.

No comments: