Monday, May 24, 2010

mar-kee-doh

There is a marquedo in our house. Mosquito is it's common name but the name our 2nd born attributed to this pest is marquedo. I have not seen this menace but I know it is lurking in our house because today I have received three bites already. It would have been nice to have taken the kids outside since it was a pretty day but I am just now feeling the fog lift from my sickly stupor so maybe tomorrow will promise more energy to frolic with the young ones. The kids have been really good today overall. I realized yesterday as I was laying in bed while my husband looked after the kids that our house is really chaotic. It was non-stop squeals of anguish and delight and the sound of babies falling on the hardwood floor and big girls fighting over silly, trivial things, lots of running and giggling and screaming and fighting and laughing. Non-stop. It's naptime. Our house is hot because the air is not working right. I hope the kids will still be able to get some rest. Happy Monday. (really?!?!...it feels like it should be wednesday or thursday)

No comments: